I have been disappeared for the last few weeks so my days were quite busy. I've been taking a lots of photo shots as the weather became a bit more sunny, so it's time to go out with my new camera. Shooting here, shooting there. But I've been struggling in the wind. And wind is always blowing here, always! So if You have any idea how I can come across with taking photos in wind, just leave a message here below. But I'm delighted with my new baby, my real fav is the live view function. It's new to me, and I really enjoy the challenges I face to. And if You are wondering what is going to happen to my hundreds of photos, they're going to light soon. Very soon.
Back to asparagus, I have to tell you I have preferred the white one so far. But the things are changing and the freshly picked, british green one tastes better now. When it's in season I usually prepare just a quick and healthy salad, and it's really gorgeous. It's been completed in15 minutes also including the peeling. (I usually not just cut the bottom but peel it in the upper section.)
Ingredients for 3-4:
250-300 gr asparagus
4 hard boiled eggs
two big handful of fresh baby spincah
2 ciabattas or 4 slices toasted breads
8-10 baby vine tomatoes
a couple of spring onions or quarter of leek
some olive oil
for the dressing:
4 tbsp olive oil
3 tbsp balsamic vinegar
one drop runny honey
1 tbsp white wine vinegar
- Preheat oven to 180 C. Lay some baking parchment on a baking tray. Dice ciabatta and put on the tray. Bake in the oven until golden and crispy. (If You use bread, just toast them for a few minutes, then dice on a board. ) Set aside and leave to cool.
- Wash spinach and dry carefully with a sheet of kitchen towel.
- Heat a frying pan on medium. Clean the asparagus, cut the end of stalks and discard them. Cut into 3-4 cm sticks. Pour some olive oil into the pan, add the asparagus sticks, some salt and fry for a few minutes until golden. Set aside and keep warm until served.
- Take a quite big bowl for the salad. Place the spinach leaves, add the roughly chopped tomatoes, finely sliced leek or onion, toasted bread and finally asparagus sticks. Carefully mix them then place the quartered hard boiled eggs on the top.
- For the dressing mix all the ingredientes into a small jar. Stir well and set aside until served. Pour over the salad just right before serving.